Taking care of your mouth is simple. The ADA recommends the following for good dental and oral health:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
- Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner. Tooth decay–causing bacteria still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach. This helps remove the sticky film on teeth called plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.
- Value Dental practices preventative dentistry in Dallas, Seagoville, Kaufman, Crandall, Forney, Combine, Scurry, and nearby cities.
Schedule your dental appointment today.